Interested in a career at Middle River Power?
At MRP, we offer a challenging, flexible, and rewarding work environment and are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. Please review the current openings below and contact us if interested.
MRP is looking for a financial analyst to help in developing, interpreting, and implementing financial models designed to analyze existing investment performance, evaluate new investments, and present findings to management.
- Develop and maintain complex project and asset financial models that forecast detailed profit and loss, cash flows, and balance sheets
- Apply market modeling and programming expertise to help design, maintain, and expand commodity price forecasting models
- Work closely with operations, treasury, tax, and accounting to determine appropriate modeling assumptions and structuring
- Develop model assumptions and confirm reasonableness and accuracy through historical analysis
- Gather, analyze, prepare, and summarize recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, future requirements, and operating forecasts
- Perform economic research as required to develop assumptions around commodity price forecasting, asset depreciation, working capital requirements, comparable investment performance, and the impact of governmental requirements and regulations
- Analyze alternative financing packages and support the closing of project debt issuances
- General contribution to quantitative understanding within company, including providing briefings or occasional whitepapers explaining relevant topics
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or closely related field, and three years of experience in any of the following disciplines preferred: investment banking, trading, commercial banking, and utility/independent energy experience
- Knowledge of multiple areas including finance, tax, general business management, and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Previous experience with complex financial modeling with a focus on power plant economics and commodity markets preferred
- An understanding of commodity trading activities, standard energy derivatives, and physical products and an ability to analyze and validate risk exposures preferred
- Problem-solving skills to provide alternative solutions to complex issues
- Entrepreneurial team player who excels in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
- Confident speaker and presenter able to communicate with personnel at all levels
- Efficient business writer
- Energy industry experience strongly desired