Mark has more than 24 years of energy experience:
- From 2012-2013, was CEO of CalPeak Power (Four CA Peaking Facilities), which was eventually sold to Carlyle
- Acquired and operated ERCOT portfolio for Optim Energy
- Built and operated power generation portfolio for BG Group, including Lake Road, Masspower, and Dighton
- Founded Barrington Energy Partners, which was sold to Navigant Consulting in 2002
Mark attended Vanderbilt University, where he earned his MBA and BS in Mechanical Engineering.
chief financial officer
James is responsible for managing Middle River Power's current assets, and has previous experiencing in management and restructuring:
- Supported management at E&P company through restructuring of ~$1.4 billion in debt and renegotiating critical commercial agreements with ~$1 billion contract value
- Supported management team of midstream O&G company through restructuring of $600 million in debt through a chapter 11 court proceeding
- Reported to CFO of $1.5 billion revenue A/V equipment rental company and supported organizational restructuring, M&A, recapitalization, and IPO preparation
James earned both his MBA and JD (cum laude) from Northwestern University, and his BA from Georgetown.
VP, Asset Management
Jennifer has more than 30 years of energy experience:
- From 2013-2015, served as Director of Asset Management for a portfolio of 13 hydro plants in PJM and NYISO owned by Cube Hydro Partners
- From 1992-2002, served as VP of Structuring with PG&E Energy Trading, successfully closing more than $1 billion in long-term gas and power trading transactions
Jennifer received her MBA from Georgetown University, and a BA in Economics from Duke.
VP Operations & Development
Dave has more than 35 years of energy experience in construction, operations, development, and acquisitions:
- Former General Manager of 600 MW of generating assets at Atlantic Power
- Previous President & CEO of Grand Bahama Power Company
- Held positions in engineering, consulting, and acquisitions at Migrant Corporation
- Former Project Manager and Field Engineer at Babcock and Wilcox, where he gained experience in construction of waste-to-energy facilities
Dave earned his MBA at Georgia State University, and a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Clarkson University.
SVP Asset Management - West
Joe has more than 30 years of asset management and energy experience:
- Former SVP at Terra Gen LLC, where he managed assets and operations of the geothermal and solar portfolio, while also managing company government affairs efforts and supporting M&A and development
- VP of Western Regions for Caithness Energy
- VP at United American Energy and responsible for asset management, operations, and development of renewable and natural gas fleet
- Held various engineering and management positions at Consolidated Edison of NY
Joe received his BS in Mechanical Engineering from Manhattan College.
Asset Manager - west
Jeff has over 15 years of experience, specifically in California power plant development and management:
- Previously served as Asset Manager for CalPeak Assets, Malaga Assets, and Midway Assets, which are all now owned by Carlyle
He received his MBA from California State University, and his BBA from University of San Diego.
Jeff is a retired United States Navy veteran.
Manager - FP&A
Jeremy has ten years of experience as a strategy consultant and finance professional in the water and energy utility industry:
- Associate at Marathon Capital, supporting renewable project finance transactions
- Managing Consultant at Hawksley Consulting, assisting clients with strategic planning and asset management
Jeremy earned his MBA from University of Chicago, and received his BS in Mechanical Engineering from University of Florida.
Michael is responsible for screening potential investments, and also assists in managing Middle River Power's current assets. His previous experience includes:
- Analyst in the Generation Development Group at Exelon, where he worked on a variety of renewable developments.
- Consultant at McGladrey.
Michael earned his BS in Finance from Butler University.
Corporate Accounting Manager
Kathleen is currently managing the general accounting, audit, financial reporting, and treasury for five of Middle River Power's assets. She also supports the management team in M&A, adhoc analysis, and system conversions. Her previous experience includes:
- Accounting Manager at a highly acquisitive $1.5 billion revenue company.
She received her BS in Accounting from DePaul University.
Lisa is currently assisting three of Middle River Power's assets.
She previously worked at a law firm handling day-to day financial operations.
Lisa received her BS in Finance from University of Illinois at Chicago.